Inkosi - 1st 30
Product Description for Inkosi - 1st 30
Maker: Chris Reeve Knives (click to see more by this maker)
Item num: 93744
Blade length: 2.75 in.
Total length: 6.62 in.
Blade width: 0.90 in.
Blade thickness: 0.12 in.
Item weight: 3.10 oz.
Shipment weight: 6.4 oz.
Blade: CPM S35VN, 59-60RC with a blue anodized titanium double lug opener
Handle: 6Al4V Titanium
Style: Folding frame lock
Description: Chris Reeve Knives are some of the finest semi-production knives made.
To introduce the Inkosi, 30 Production Prototypes were made. The shield featured on this collectable echoes the one traditionally carried by the Zulu Chief. The rare predominantly white cowhide indicated purity and was also instantly visible in battle against the dark hide used for the shields of the warriors.
The quantity 30 was chosen because the year of the conception of the knife, 2014, marks 30 years of Chris Reeve Knives. Each Production Prototype has the following features that will not be present once general production gets underway.
- Engraving: “Inkosi” on the front handle and a stylized shield
- Marking: 1st 30 - 2015 engraved on the inside of the handle
- Lanyard: Midnight blue
- Bead: Engraved “Inkosi First 30”
- Certificate: confirming the knife’s status as a collectable
Continually noticing small areas for improvement, whether in performance or manufacture, Chris has included:
We are a Chris Reeve Knives authorized retailer. This knife ships with its Certificate of Authenticity, blank warranty card, original box, three wrenches, leather pocket pouch, fluorinated grease, LocTiite, and Chris Reeve polishing cloth. This knife can be taken apart for thorough cleaning - instructions are available at www.chrisreeve.com.
- stability to the locking mechanism
- a stout pivot coupling
- oversized phosphor bronze washers are the same size front and back, locate off the stop pin, and have extra-large grease pockets
- a sturdier stop pin
- the blade which is 8% thicker than the Small Sebenza 21 introduces CRK’s Large Hollow Grind technology on a smaller knife
- standard double thumb lugs
- pocket clip is mounted so that it rests on the spine rather than the lock bar, eliminating the possibility of pressure on the lock bar
- ceramic ball lock bar interface
Availability: Not currently available