I began making knives part-time in 1993 for local sportsmen and outdoor enthusiasts who appreciated high performance tools and handmade craftsmanship. In 1994, I started hand-forging carbon steel blades and making basic Damascus steel. As time passed, I became more obsessed with making knives and the art of forging Damascus. In 1995, I left a regular job as a purchasing agent to become a full time knifemaker.
My tastes, talent, and technique have continuously evolved since the first knife I made. My passion for my work is stronger and more alive than it has ever been. Incorporated into this work is countless hours of hand work, innovative Damascus designs and patterns, and only the best exhibition grade handle materials. Nothing is compromised in the making of any of my knives - nothing.
Today, my primary focus is making investment grade straight knives and folding knives out of mosaic and composite bar Damascus. These creations are one-of-a-kind pieces made one at a time, by hand, by myself, from start to finish. Continuing to make unique sculpted pieces that show my personal vision of this art, and that continue to escalate in value with time, is my long-term goal.
- Journeyman smith with the American Bladesmith Society
- 2000 - Best Art Knife - Oregon Knife Collectors Association
- 2000 - Best of Show - Oregon Knife Collectors Association
- 1998 - Best Art Knife - Oregon Knife Collectors Association
- 1998 - Best Handmade Art - Blade Handmade Awards
- 1998 - Best in Show - Blade Handmade Awards
- 1998 - Best of Show - Oregon Knife Collectors Association
- 1997 - Best Folder - PKA
- 1997 - Best Damascus - PKA
- 1997 - Best Damascus - Montana Knifemakers Association
- 1997 - Best of Show - AMKCA
- 1997 - Best Folder - ACKS
- 1997 - Best Hunter/Utility - Montana Knifemakers Association